We are looking for a new Senior Healthcare Assistant (SHCA) to join our team. As an SHCA, you will be leading your team of Healthcare Assistants, ensuring all members of your team are providing person-centred care to all residents, whilst respecting residents’ dignity and privacy at all times.
In this role you will be:
- Ensuring that each individual’s right to independence and choice are met
- Keeping accurate care and medical records
- Instilling a positive work environment
- Supporting your care team and holding their supervisions/appraisals
- Liaising with health professionals and relatives to achieve the best care for each resident
- Maintaining a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors according to all safety requirements
The right candidate will be:
- A team player
- Have an eye for accuracy
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Passionate about delivering high-quality care
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- The ability to use initiative
- Good time management & organisation skills
For this role, it is essential that you:
- Have relevant medication administrative experience
- Have relevant care home experience
As a Senior Healthcare Assistant, you will receive a higher rate of pay if you hold a relevant NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- Earn while you learn – Complete a Diploma (NVQ) while you work for us.
- £200 Refer a Friend Bonus
- £100 Attendance Bonus
- Employee of the Month Rewards
- Reimbursed DBS cost
- Internal Career Progression Opportunities
- Free Uniform
- Excellent Subsidised Meals
- Pension Scheme
Rate of Pay: £10.25 p/h – £11 p/h* (for NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
*New higher rates of pay starting from 1st January 2022.
Hours: 24.5 hours per week
As of 11th November 2021, it is mandatory for all care home staff to be vaccinated against covid-19. Please confirm if you have been vaccinated and the dates of your vaccines.